- Specialism: Accounting and Finance
- Salary: £39.48 per hour agency cap Band 8a
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: South East
- Reference: DL/19017
Our featured job of the week is for a large NHS organisation who are currently seeing an interim Qualified Accountant for an initial period of 3 months.
- Will be a senior member of the Financial Services team and will lead on all aspects of financial accounting and reporting;
- Expected to help ensure a robust control environment is maintained, drive process improvements and undertake ad-hoc projects;
- Production of monthly Board Report, including I&E, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow statement and relevant KPIs;
- Preparation of statutory and other returns (including NHSI reporting) and related working papers in line with accounting standards, Trust policies, the Group Accounting Manual(GAM) and audit specifications; including leading on the annual accounts process;
- Responsible for the development of financial policies & procedures, including interpretation and implementation, in line with statutory and NHS guidelines;
A successful candidate will have:
- A professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) including current membership to relevant body;
- Evidence of continued professional development with a particular emphasis on technical accounting and capital;
- In depth knowledge of statutory and professional financial reporting guidelines and requirements, including month and year-end closing and working with internal and external auditors;
- An understanding of and ability to implement financial and process controls such as GL account reconciliations, segregation of duties; and controls over expenditure;
- General ledger management and use of accounting systems.
If you think that you are ready for this exciting and challenging role pease go here for further information and to apply.