Finegreen Featured Job of the Week - Public Health Consultant
- Specialism: Public Health
- Salary: £500-£600 per day
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: West Midlands
- Reference: SS/16741
Our featured job this week is for a Local Authority based in the West Midlands who are currently looking to recruit a Public Health Consultant for an initial period of 6 months.
The post holder will have two key areas of responsibility: Health Protection and Research and Information. With respect to health protection, the post holder will: ensure that the council delivers its statutory obligations for health protection; work with partners to minimise the health harms of biological, chemical and radiological hazards and support the Director of Public Health in providing assurance of health protection.
With respect to Research and Intelligence, the post holder will lead on public health intelligence, delivering statutory functions such as the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment and analytical support to the Clinical Commissioning Group as well as leading the development and delivery of the council’s intelligence strategy.
Key responsibilties will include:
- Holding specific responsibility for the delivery of the council’s statutory functions for health protection;
- Supporting the Director of Public Health in providing assurance of health protection and health services such as screening and immunisations;
- Working with partners to minimise the health harms of biological, chemical or radiological hazards;
- Leading the public health intelligence function;
- Overseeing the delivery of corporate research and intelligence function;
A successful candidate will have:
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists;
- If included in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health, candidates must have equivalent training and/or appropriate experience of public health medicine practice;
- Applicants must meet minimum CPD requirements (i.e. be up to date) in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements or other recognised body;
- High level of understanding of epidemiology and statistics, public health practice, health promotion, health economics and health care evaluation;
- Understanding of NHS and local government cultures, structures and policies;
For more information and to apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit here.