- Specialism: Accountating and Finance
- Salary: Competitive - Interim Contractor Band 7/Band 8a
- Job Type: Interim
- Location:South East
- Reference: TC/18916
Our featured job of the week is for our client, an NHS organisation located in the South East, who are looking to appoint an Interim Deputy Finance Business Partner. This role will be INSIDE IR35 and will be at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework at Band 7/Band 8a. This role will start ASAP and will be for 3 months in the first instance.
- Provide financial and performance support for the identified services within each Clinical Directorate, ensuring effective use of financial resources in pursuit of agreed Directorate and Corporate goals.
- Take responsibility for providing comprehensive financial management and support Budget Holders within the Directorate, providing a full range of advice to the Clinical Leads, Service Managers, Heads of Nursing and other Managers on Directorate, Specialty and Cost Centre budgets.
- Contribute specialist technical accounting and business knowledge, strong analytical skills, and effectively communicate complex finance issues to non-finance people.
- Constructively and positively challenge all aspects of Directorate performance.
- To be accountable to the Finance Business Partner for the Directorate’s adherence to statutory accounting requirements, DH and NHSI accounting standards and Trust policies for internal control, corporate governance and reporting requirements.
Essential skills and experience:
- AAT qualified or as a minimum actively studying for a CCAB qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the NHS finance environment, including NHS Improvement’s financial requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of financial reporting skills and techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic and operational planning, budgeting, contracting and performance monitoring