Finegreen Featured Job of the Week - Director of Public Health, London
- Specialism: Public Health
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: London
- Reference: LG/18389
Our featured job of the week is for an interim Director of Public Health for an organisation based in London.
The role is part of the Senior Management team with a key mandate to ensure that all of the Council’s work is directed towards improving the health and wellbeing of residents. The successful applicant will lead and co-ordinate health improvement activities in the borough working with neighbouring Councils, the local CCG and STP and manage a budget of £11m.
- Provide public health leadership to the Health and Wellbeing Board as well as leading health protection arrangements;
- Support the Chief Executive and Councillors in developing and delivering the strategic agenda;
- Be the Chief Officer and Principal Adviser on public health;
- Operate strategically as a member of the corporate management/executive board and influencing policy and practice;
- Deliver commission, and or deliver services which are effective, value for money and meet quality standards.
- The successful candidate should:
- Be an experienced and knowledgeable leader with a wide-ranging knowledge of the public health issues in leading change;
- Possess a track record of leading multi-agency partnerships and working with local communities to improve health and reduce health inequalities as well as strong leadership and management skills;
- Have a good understanding of the NHS and local government combined with excellent oral and written communication skills (including dealing with the media);
- Be a registered public health specialist with a track record in public health leadership and delivery.