Finegreen Featured Job of the Week - Associate Director: Primary Care Commissioning, South East
- Specialism: Commissioning
- Salary: £400+per day
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: South East
- Reference: DL/17129
Finegreen are currently working on behalf of a large NHS organisation in the appointment of an Associate Director - Primary Care Commissioning to assist with the role whilst they recruit to the permanent post.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and management of jointly commissioned primary care (GP core contracts) for the CCG with NHS England, overseeing all aspects of planning, delivery, provider and performance management, service redesign and evaluation;
- Responsibility for effective management of the co-commissioning budget sitting within the portfolio, ensuring financial balance across commissioning priorities and delivering on both the NHS QIPP priorities.To manage the process and content for the Primary Care Joint Committee (PCJC) with NHS England;
- Lead the processes and development of the Primary Care Programme Board working with lay member chair and clinical director responsible for primary care;
- Lead on the translation of the CCG commissioning intentions for primary care ensuring alignment with the PMS review in partnership with the AD for Primary Care Transformation & Development;
- Lead responsibility for developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with NHS England in relation to jointly commissioned services;
- Lead on proposal for full delegation with the local CCGs;
- To work with NHS England on operational contractual issues for the CCG;
- To ensure the CCG has good governance processes to enable transparent decision making underpinning the PCJC.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recent NHS experience within Commissioning;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of GP contracting – PMS/GMS/APMS Primary Care or NHS Commissioning;
- Practical application of governance and conflict of interest;
- Proficient delivery manager as well as a strategic thinker (MSP/Prince 2 Practitioner)
- Credible orator and able to liaise at Board level;
- Report writing skills and compilation of complex data sets.
For further information and to apply for this exciting and challenging role please go here