- Specialism: Clinical Services
- Salary: up to £90,000 per annum plus benefits package
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: East of England
- Reference: ZA/19003
Our featured job of the week is for on behalf of a leading provider of integrated healthcare services to the NHS, specialising in medicines, pharmaceutical care and primary care patient services. This is an exciting opportunity for a Superintendent Pharmacist & Head of Professional Standards to work within the Clinical Homecare pharmacy team.
Mainly based in the their Head office in Essex, you will support in ensuring that all appropriate clinical governance arrangements as set out by the RPS standards for homecare services are in place for all medicines supplied by the client. You will be the subject matter expert in clinical and professional standards providing internal and external leadership looking to drive continuous quality improvement for patients and colleagues. The post holder will oversee the clinical governance structure and influence the capability and competency of the pharmacy workforce driving consistent levels of clinical excellence throughout the prescription pathway. You work as part of multi-disciplinary senior management team driving operational excellence ensuring systems and processes are robust but progressive to meet growing patient activity and manage the complexity of care.
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver the highest level of quality in dispensing and prescription management ensuring that the patient is at the heart of everything the team do and that delivers on patient experience and safety. You will be working closely with the organisations clinical standards team to align and exchange best practice as we look to create new care models of which pharmacy practice standards remain pivotal to the success of delivering on patient outcomes.
The successful candidate will have:
You will have experience and specialist knowledge of specialist therapy areas or a strong understanding of the principles in dealing with clinical specialities and complex drug therapies e.g. oncology, rheumatology, renal medicine, parenteral nutrition.
- It is essential that you have 10+ years as a qualified Pharmacist;
- Proven experience in leading teams and pharmacy operations in homecare;
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council;
- Ideally a member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, a Faculty member or working towards such accreditation;
- Experience of working as part of a high performing team and skilled in leading multiple work streams and teams at remote locations;
If you think that you are ready for this exciting and challenging role pease go here for further information and to apply.