- Specialism: Clinical Governance
- Salary: Band 8d/9
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: West Midlands
- Reference: LG/18555
Our featured job of the week is for an an NHS organisation located in the West Midlands who are looking to appoint an interim Clinical Governance Director who shall lead on a number of quality improvement initiatives, implementing quality compliance and identifying and managing risk across the Trust.
- Implement developments in line with the Trust’s Quality Strategy and management of the Quality Department which provide safe and effective patient care and support the delivery of KPIs.
- Engage with clinicians and managers to ensure effective delivery of service objectives across all relevant staff groups;
- Lead on the Risk Agenda on behalf of the Chief Medical Officer;
- Act as the role of ‘Caldicott Guardian’ for the Trust, ensuring that systems and processes for safeguarding the quality of clinical care are in place and working effectively;
- Be a member of the Medical and Quality Directorate and provide expert advice, contribute to the development of policy and strategy in relation to the quality agenda, including implementing and monitoring measures to assure the quality, effectiveness and safety of clinical care and in improving the experience for patients.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience of leadership and delivery at a senior operational level;
- Experience of staff management and staff development at a senior level;
- Demonstrable record of achieving previous operational management roles against challenging targets;
- Proven track record in the strategic change management with problem solving skills;
- Experience of successfully delivering cost improvement and financial growth programmes.