- Specialism: Corporate Affairs
- Salary: Competitive - Agency Cap/Framework rates apply
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: South East
- Reference: TC/18577
Our featured job of the week is for our client, an NHS Trust located in the South East of England who are looking to appoint an Interim Trust Solicitor ASAP for up to 3 months in the first instance. This role will be at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework.
- To provide the Trust with expert legal and practical advice in the area of healthcare law requiring the highest level of analytical and judgement skills with the ability to clearly communicate highly contentious, highly complex and highly sensitive information in a demanding environment that is frequently emotive and patient focused.
- To be responsible for the management of clinical negligence claims against the Trust and fully comply with relevant protocols, legislation and NHSLA guidelines.
- Review settled claims to ensure learning is identified and actions implemented that will help reduce the value of future settlements and the number of future claims. Report learning and trends from claims quarterly to the Trust Board and Divisional Directors and as requested.
- Manage a portfolio of contentious inquest cases, providing expert legal advice and support to clinicians summoned to provide evidence.
- Law Degree with Post graduate diploma in legal practice (LPC)
- Professional Qualification Postgraduate Qualification
- Admission to the Roll of Solicitors/Bar Council
- Profound experience with handling medico-legal claims, to include inquests.
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge within the specialized field of Health Law, including litigation, inquests and general advice on protection of interests of medical staff and NHS Trusts