Specialism: Corporate Affairs
- Salary: Up to Band D
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: South East
- Reference: TC/19471
Our featured job of the week is for an NHS organisation based in the South East, who are looking to appoint an Interim Head of Legal. This role will be at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework up to Band 8d.
This role will start ASAP and will be for 3 months in the first instance.
- Provide the NHS organisation with expert legal and practical advice in the area of healthcare law;
- Undertake investigation of clinical and non-clinical claims.
- Attend Court and Coroner’s Court and to provide advocacy on behalf of the NHS organisation and NHS clients.
- Lead with all Coronial matters for the organisation.
- Provide specialist legal advice to the Chief Executive and Board.
- Ensure consistent management and professional leadership of the organisation’s dedicated Legal Services department: this will include supervision and line management of the Legal Team.
- Provide advice and training on specialist litigation issues.
Key skills and experience:
- Management qualification or previous role in management
- Degree in Law (or other degree with completion of relevant conversion course)
- Post Graduate Masters qualification and/or equivalent experience
- Admission as Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Experience preferably in defendant in clinical negligence litigation
If you think that you are ready for this exciting and challenging role pease go here for further information and to apply.