- Specialism: Corporate Affairs
- Salary: Competitive - Agency Cap Band 8c
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: South East
- Reference: TC/19051
Our featured job of the week is for our client, an NHS organisation located in the South East, who are looking to appoint an Interim Head of Corporate Governance.
This role will be at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework at Band 8c.
This role will start ASAP and will be for 3 months in the first instance.
- Act as adviser on corporate governance issues to the Director of Corporate Affairs and other members of the Board. Responsible for developing the Trust’s corporate governance structure;
- Establish, maintain and monitor policies and procedures for sound corporate governance across the Trust, including Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions, the Scheme of Delegation, the Standards of Business Conduct Policy, and the corporate governance aspects of tendering and procurement;
- Draft papers on corporate governance issues on behalf of the Director of Corporate Affairs for meetings of the Executive and Trust Board;
- Work with the Director of Corporate Affairs and the Communications team to draft the Annual Governance Statement and other corporate governance aspects of the Trust’s annual report;
- Act as Secretary to the Board of Directors, ensuring high quality papers, timely circulation of papers, effective management and minuting of Board meetings, and putting in place a clear annual cycle of business for the Board that reflects national reporting requirements and corporate governance best practice;
Key skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level;
- ICSA Company Secretary qualification or working towards;
- Significant experience of providing corporate governance advice and acting as a senior corporate governance manager, trust secretary or similar;
- Excellent understanding of the NHS and NHS policy framework;
- Excellent understanding of relevant legislation.
If you think that you are ready for this exciting and challenging role pease go here for further information and to apply.