- Specialism: Board Appointments
- Salary: £600 per day
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: East Midlands
- Reference: DL/16725
A large NHS organisation based in the East Midlands is looking to appoint an interim Company Secretary/Director of Assurance to assist on an interim basis till the end of 2015.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Directly accountable to the Chief Executive and Chairman, a member of the Board of Directors (non-voting) and a member of the Executive and Senior Management Team, contributing to the formulation of strategy, policy and the delivery of corporate and statutory objectives;
- Responsible for ensuring that the corporation complies with the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act 2003 as amended, and the terms of its authorisation/licence by the independent regulator ‘Monitor’;
- Acts as principal advisor to the Chairman and Chief Executive on all issues relating to corporate governance, assurance, regulation and accreditation, ensuring the Trust’s corporate affairs are undertaken to the highest standards of probity and according to statutory and legislative requirements;
- Ensures that the Trust has sound Governance policies and procedures in place and advises the board of directors and the board of governors on developments in Governance issues.
A successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience working in Trust Secretariat at Board Level;
- Ideally will have worked at this level in an NHS Acute Trust;
- Ideally member of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
For more information and to apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit here.