- Specialism: Corporate Affairs
- Salary: £400+ per day
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: South East
- Reference: DL/16270
A large healthcare organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual to work as the Trust lead for the management of claims for compensation made against the organisation, also the provision of expert legal advice to frontline staff, managers and the Board in relation to Trust clinical or business activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The Trust-lead in relation to establishing requirements, negotiations, procurement and monitoring the organisation’s legal and insurance services contracts and premiums;
- Lead on Freedom of Information (FOI) and ensure compliance with all aspects of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 including responsibility for establishing and maintaining an effective Publication Scheme in accordance with the Act and best practice laid out the by Information Commissioner;
- To be the corporate lead for Coronial law and inquests;
- Ensure relevant strategies, policies, procedures, training, guidance and advice are in place, alongside practical solutions and problem-solving to ensure safe, suitable and effective working practices and environments which enables the Trust to meet statutory, mandatory, regulatory and best practice requirements.
A successful candidate will have:
- Good knowledge of NHS, and local, regional and national policy;
- Extensive knowledge of litigation and coronial law management;
- Good knowledge of legal requirements, processes and terminologies;
- Experience of undertaking investigations
- Experience of working at all levels within and outside the organisation in a positive and professional manner
- Desirable to have a legal qualification, and has worked as litigation manager in the NHS.
If you have the skills, experience and personal attributes outlined above and would like to find out more or apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, please visit here