- Specialism: Clinical Services - Board Appointments
- Salary: £750 per day
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: West Midlands
- Reference: DL/16162
A leading West Midlands based NHS Trust, is currently seeking to appoint an Executive Director of Nursing and Quality for an interim contract.
The appointed candidate will be responsible for monitoring and achieving sustained improvement in patient quality and safety and patient experience within the provider services.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of the Trust’s strategic direction, corporate plans, policies and decision-making as a member of the Trust Board Monthly;
- Promoting and supporting continued innovation in developing the Trust’s services and pathways of care;
- Reviewing, implementing and progressing necessary recommendations arising from the Francis report to include partnership working and information sharing with external stakeholders for the benefit of patients and staff;
- Ensuring that workforce is commensurate with the delivery of a safe and compassionate level of care, and providing assurances to the Board on a regular basis;
- Ensuring that the unregistered workforce is appropriately prepared to undertake their duties and that there is adequate supervision of practice;
- Ensuring that the nursing workforce and AHPs comply with, enact and promote the NMC code of conduct;
- Developing explicit quality standards that can be measured and performance managed through a range of metrics;
- Acting as the designated Director for Infection Control and providing leadership to the management of the services, ensuring preventable infections do not occur;
- Implementing and maintaining a real time patient feedback system to ensure timely, accurate information can be used to improve services;
- Ensuring opportunities to promote public health and wellbeing are maximised for patients, staff and visitors;
- Developing and performance managing a range of patient/relative experience standards;
- Participating in the Performance and Development Review and undertaking any identified training and development related to the post.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A current valid NMC registration – RMN;
- Awareness of the Codes of Conduct required for Board Directors under the Companies or Health Acts;
- Held a substantive senior role within an NHS organisation;
- The abilityto think and plan strategically, tactically and creatively.
If you have the skills, experience and personal attributes outlined above and would like to find out more or apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, please visit here