- Specialism: Public Health
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: Yorkshire & Humberside
- Reference: LG/18743
Our featured job of the week is for our client who are looking to appoint an interim Director of Public Health/Assistant Director Joint Commissioning for a 6 month assignment based in Yorkshire/North East.
- To advise the Council on its statutory and professional public health accountabilities;
- To provide the leadership to drive the improvements in the health and wellbeing of the residents of the community to reduce inequalities in health outcomes and working in collaboration with Public Health England, to protect local communities from threats to health through infectious diseases, environmental and other public health hazards;
- Leading the production and coordination of a dynamic and responsive joint strategic needs assessment;
- Be responsible for the health of the local population through the development and delivery of a credible plan to improve health and wellbeing in communities in the area and reduce inequalities;
- Support the Health and Wellbeing Board to deliver its statutory duty to promote integration for the benefit of local communities;
The successful candidate:
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List or UK Public Health Register (UKPHR);
- If included in the GMC/GDC Specialist Register in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health, candidates must have equivalent training and/or appropriate experience of public health medicine practice;
- Public health specialist registrar and specialist trainee applicants who are not yet on the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in dental public health/UKPHR must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview ; all other applicants must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they have applied for inclusion in the GMC/GDC/UKPHR specialist registers [see shortlisting notes below for additional guidance]
- Applicants must meet minimum CPD requirements (i.e. be up to date) in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements or other recognised body.