- Specialism: Clinical Services
- Salary: Competitive - Fixed Term Contract - £70,000 - £80,000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Reference: LG/18850
Our featured job of the week is for our client who are looking to appoint a Deputy Chief Nursing Officer for a 9 month fixed term contract.
The Deputy Chief Nursing Officer will provide support to the Chief Nursing Officer in providing day-to-day clinical leadership, management and operational direction. The role shall be 20% clinical and 80% managerial.
- Act as a role model and demonstrate high levels of clinical skill as well as supporting the Chief Nursing Officer with the delivery of the nursing strategy plans;
- To manage and lead the Clinical Nurse Managers, and other senior clinical team members, offering guidance and support on financial, operational and professional issues.
- Lead on daily ward meetings as well as monitoring patient activity, nursing/RMO staffing cover and incident/investigation management.
- Build relationships with Consultants as a visible and engaged point of contact regarding patient care and hospital processes.
- In conjunction with direct reports, lead on the growth of service lines and review utilisation of the adult wards including activity and actions aimed at improving quality and efficiency.
The successful candidate:
- Registered General Nurse with significant senior nursing and operational management experience;
- Proven experience within acute care settings, including, Surgical, Orthopaedics, ITU and Oncology;
- Relevant post graduate qualification, including Degree level education;
- Experience in leading successful change management and quality improvements;
- A confident communicator with a can do attitude, passion for nursing and always striving for excellence.
The first stage shall be an informal visit and the second stage shall be a face-to-face interview.