- Specialism: Human Resources
- Salary: £350 - £380 per day
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: London
- Reference: RH/18794
Our featured job of the week is for our NHS client based in London that requires an interim Associate Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development for a three to six month assignment commencing in May. This role is at AfC band 8c and has the equivalent day rate.
The Associate Director will provide strategic direction and leadership on workforce issues to ensure the provision and direction of an effective HR service within the Trust. The post holder will identify, investigate and advise on highly complex, contentious and sensitive strategic HR issues providing advice and guidance to all levels within organisation up to and including Directors and the Trust Board and with external partners.
Key responsibilities to include;
- Managerial responsibility and accountability, including the associated budgets for the following HR workstreams/services - Legal services and employee relations;Transactional Services including workforce information, advisory services, recruitment and temporary staffing; Medical Staffing.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of HR & OD to support the development and implementation of HR strategy, in line with registration, Trust and national priorities and initiatives, and leading HR practice;
- Leads on specific initiatives or policy developments, including negotiating, consultation, implementation and monitoring across the Trust, e.g. Trust wide HR policies and procedures;
- Supports the strategic development of the organisation through providing professional advice and expertise on a range of issues;
- Initiates and produces reports for a range of Trust wide committees, including Executive Board, Trust Board, and staff side forums.
Key experience required;
- Experience of leading, coaching and building capability in an HR business partnered model;
- Extensive experience of progressively more responsible positions in human resources, preferably in a similar sector;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering change in HR functions;
- Experience of working alongside trade unions and professional organisation in change management, negotiation and mediation situations;
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation, analytical and planning skills with a high attention to detail and process.